Coco Chanel once said “A woman who cuts her hair is about to change her life.” And in a way I feel like that is what I am doing these days. I cut my hair again…shorter than it has been in a long time. But I like it ! I feel renewed in the sense that I know I am embarking on a new chapter in my life.
I have been in a sort of reflective mood since my birthday passed in July, and although most of the time I don’t give a whole lot of thought to my age. I’m really not an “Omygosh I turned 42 and am sooooo old!What am I gonna do!!!??” kinda gal. However, I will tell you that this year there was a bit of an “Ohhhhh….” moment. Now let me be clear in that the “Ohhhhh” moment wasn’t fear or trepidation nor was it regret or nostalgia for my youth but rather it was a quiet sort of knowing that yes, yes I am in fact in the second half of my life. Due to this realization that I am firmly tucked into my 40s now means I really want to make this life count for more than waking up, working, and going to sleep.
I am not saying my life is bad. It isn’t, far from it. I have a terrific hubby and a fantastic daughter both of whom I adore. No, what I am saying is I want to make each day count. I want my time to be spent in authentic and valuable ways. Not wasted away on social media or in front of the telly. No. I want this life of mine to be filled with action. Does that mean I want to run around in some never-ending rat race? Oh hell no! That is not what I mean at all! When i say I want my life to be full of action what I am saying is I want each day to filled with a million baby steps to my ultimate goal which is a life that is HUGE. A life filled with experiences and love, laughter and joy, taking risks and finding my tribe. A life if you will that is ON THE WRIGHT PATH…
So since I want to add more oomph in my life I decided to compile a list of some small yet powerful actions I can do over the next few years to add more spunk, more pizazz, and more LIFE to my life. My hope is that the list will actually just be the jumping off point for a much bigger playing field on this journey.
I call my list THE 45 BEFORE 45. And here it is–the 45 actions or activities I will complete by my 45th birthday (they are not in any particular order I just know I will be working to complete each one as a goal):
1. Leave a note in a library book
2. complete the 50k words goal in NANWRIMO
3. turn the NANOWRIMO INTO A BOOK
4. run a 5k
5. run a 1/2 marathon
6. make excersise a priority each day
7. learn a new language
8. take a photo every day for a year
9. leave inspiring post it notes for strangers to find.
10. create a blog and use it to inspire others
11. look for the total solar eclipse on 8-21-17
12. read all the books I own in my house and on my Kindle
13. keep a journal of my experiences
14. buy a pair of white shoes and doodle on them…wear them proudly
15. buy flowers for no reason
16. up my stay at home mom style game and take OoTD pics
17. participate in a color run
18. put a secret in a balloon and let it fly away
19. complete an entire book of crossword puzzles
20. get another tattoo
21. finish an entire ant stress coloring book
22. write a letter to my future self
23. watch the sunrise at least 1x a month
24. take more walks
25. fill eggs with paint and throw them at a canvas
26. Visit the Smithsonian
27. tie-dye tees with Lily
28. take a road trip
29. make an important decision with a coin toss
30. read the Bible in a year
31. learn self -defense
32. read 100 books in a year
33. start practicing yoga, tai chi and ballet barre more regularly
34. dance in a summer rain storm
35. no phone or tablet for a whole day
36. research my family tree
37. do a 1950s pin up photo shoot
38. go on a cruise
39. be a tourist in my own town
40. speak with a British accent for a whole day
41. Write fan letters to three people I admire
42. spend Christmas at Disney World
43. take a weekend trip by myself
44. write a mission statement for my life
45. create a memory box –fill it up with my life experiences.
So there you have it my 45 BEFORE 45 List. What do you think? What would you add to it? Let me know! I’d love to hear your ideas!!
Till next time!
PS DON’T MIND THE HUBS IN THE BACKGROUND OF THE PIC … HE HAD JUST WOKEN UP HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA